The iScribble Gallery is an area where you can showcase your drawings which can then be commented and rated on by the community. Users also have the ability to view the replay of the published pieces and are able to disable/enable their replays.
The gallery has various sections with different requirements depending on the category. Drawings that are published are looked over by Administrators, Power Users, and users with +G rights.
This is a temporary category in the gallery. This section only holds 8 pages and old drawings are removed and deleted, n.b. We do not recover drawings that have been deleted. This category can be used for viewing your WIPs (Works in Progress), publishing your sketches, doodles and if you are moving your drawing to the sketchbook (currently you are unable to publish straight to the sketchbook). Note that drawings must be non-mature, but otherwise have no other requirements.
Fun Doodles is an area specifically for doodles, sketches, WIPs (Works in Progress), as drawings are deleted after sometime. It is recommended as a restricted user to request your drawing to be moved to a sketchbook or (if it meets requirements 1 and 2) moved to Category Proposal. Fun Doodles is also the default category where drawings are moved to if rejected from Category Proposal.
You are provided with 8 sketchbook slots once you reach "Regular" status. This can be expanded through donations and is often provided as a prize during official iScribble competitions. The drawings of this category are publicly viewable and must be non-mature, but otherwise have no other requirements.
All published drawings containing mature content must be placed in the mature category.
The mature category is monitored by moderators and is subject to the same rules and guidelines as all other submissions. Drawings that do not meet the requirements outlined under "Category Proposal" will be deleted.
This category is the proposal area for your drawing. From here your piece will be looked over by Admins, Power Users and +G users. For your drawing to be accepted and moved to the appropriate category there are requirements that must be met.
Unfinished parts must be removed or undone.
The quality of the drawing should be comparable to other drawings in their respective categories.
- Try to put something special into your drawing
- Avoid over blurring large parts of the drawing
- Drawings with a low segment count have a small chance of being accepted i.e.: 8000 segments or below.
- Lack of background is not usually accepted, however this will also depend on the effort of the foreground. It is often found that pieces in the People Category do not have backgrounds and this is usually acceptable.
- The piece must have a unifying theme. There are pieces that can be moved to the Random category but must meet requirements 1.
There should be a concept or theme throughout the whole drawing.
Published drawings that are not yet finished or contain doodles, drawing games, or OC boards will not be accepted into the gallery. Your sketchbook may be used to store any of these drawings. Offensive pieces and hardcore pornography are not permitted anywhere on iScribble.net. See FAQ's for more information.
Tips and Extra Information
- The replay function can be disabled by a contributor of the drawing. Please note that moderators are able to still view and disable/enable the replay if necessary.
- We do not currently have an animation category, however the replay function can be utilised for animations and will usually be moved to the Random Category.
- Try to keep a copy of your drawing saved on a board if possible or use the /save command (not available to restricted users), and then open in an empty board by typing /load. Please note you can only save one drawing at a time, so previous /saves will be lost!
- You can load a saved drawing from the gallery that you have participated in by using the /load command. For example /load 516874. The code can be found in the URL of the gallery piece: http://www.iscribble.net/gallery/drawing516874.html.
- If your drawing is rejected from entering a category, do not see this as a negative! Take the time to improve on your piece, ask for some critique from another user and compare the quality to similar pieces in the gallery and try again.
- Do not have multiples of the same drawing published to gain segments. Multiples will be deleted and the publisher and participant could be at risk of being warned and/or restricted.
- If you are a restricted user requesting a regular to publish your drawing, request them to save a copy of the piece for you and /load onto a private board for possible future improvements and to avoid losing your piece.
- Do not hesitate to request a certain category for your piece. This can be requested through the description area. This is not a requirement as the moderator will attempt to move the piece to the most appropriate category. If you feel the category is not correct for the piece you can always /w any moderator to ask.